Date: 9/13/20 9:42 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Photos: Bar-tailed Gotdwit and Baird's Sandpiper
Hi birders,

First kudos to Nico. Finding all kinds of great birds lately! Also
thanks to Randy for re-posting about the Bar-tailed Godwit at Wadell today.

A few photos from Sunday 9/13 mid-day. Best seen on a laptop or bigger
desktop screen. Enjoy:

BAR-TAILED GODWIT feeding:
http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/shore_birds/godwit_bar-tailed_200913a.jpg
http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/shore_birds/godwit_bar-tailed_200913b.jpg

BAIRD'S SANDPIPER:
http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/shore_birds/sandpiper_bairds_200913a.jpg
http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/shore_birds/sandpiper_bairds_200913b.jpg
http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/shore_birds/sandpiper_bairds_200913d.jpg

In other, ahem, routine news. I dipped on the yellow-headed blackbird
which had been seen minutes before I arrived on Cement Plant Road. As I
started to scan the cattle pens where it had been visiting different
cows, all of the blackbirds, red-winged, brewers, and tri-colored in
view flushed. A COOPER'S HAWK had flown into a eucalyptus tree in the
pen...

I'm not complaining. If my choice was the BAR-TAILED GODWIT or
yellow-headed blackbird, I'll take the godwit any day of the week. :)

Fun birding today,

Pete Sole'
Soquel, CA