Date: 9/13/20 8:50 pm
From: Michael Bolte <mjbolte...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Sparrow ID
and, there is a well-informed comment on one of the photos from James Pike
(copied below). Starting to look like a landslide for Chipping...

"A very interesting sparrow, and it is understandable why Brewer's came to
mind. This is a Chipping Sparrow with more of an auricular frame below the
eye than I have seen in a long time. However, a loral stripe is present,
and as seen in the third photo, the rump is gray. A cautionary bird for
Spizella fans."