Date: 9/13/20 8:12 pm
From: Michael Bolte <mjbolte...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Sparrow ID
Thanks Pete and Kent. The distinct eye line suggested Chipping and I have
seen Chipping Sparrows near there this summer. What threw me is the color
(brown) and mottling of the head. The Chipping Sparrows (maybe only one
seen more than once) I've seen lately had the classic uniform, distinctly
reddish crown. I also was a little thrown by the single wingbar of this
bird when considering a Chipping Sparrow.

Mike