Date: 9/13/20 2:06 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Zone-tailed Hawk in Lubbock
Anthony, Texbirds,

I am blown away by the early spring dates of the former Zone-tailed Hawks
occurrences in the region, 19 and 24 March. It's like they arrive with the
very first wave of migratory Turkey Vultures. Fascinating.

Justin Bosler
Austin, Texas

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 12:34 PM Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
wrote:

> Greetings All:
>
> An adult Zone-tailed Hawk (found by Anthony Hewetson and Kathryn
> Brautigam at 9:25 and photographed by Anthony Hewetson and Alan
> Livingston from 10:21 to 10:26) was at Clapp Park in Lubbock this
> morning. As photographs were taken of the bird from far, far below we
> had the identification confirmed by Dr. Clint Boal and Katheryn
> Watson, two raptor biologists at TTU, before sending this post.
>
> This is the third record of the species for my region: one in Terry
> County in 2010, one in Lubbock County earlier this year, and this
> bird.
>
> Photographs will be uploaded to my eBird report a little later today.
>
> Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
>
> Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
> permission
> from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!