Date: 9/13/20 10:34 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Zone-tailed Hawk in Lubbock
Greetings All:

An adult Zone-tailed Hawk (found by Anthony Hewetson and Kathryn
Brautigam at 9:25 and photographed by Anthony Hewetson and Alan
Livingston from 10:21 to 10:26) was at Clapp Park in Lubbock this
morning. As photographs were taken of the bird from far, far below we
had the identification confirmed by Dr. Clint Boal and Katheryn
Watson, two raptor biologists at TTU, before sending this post.

This is the third record of the species for my region: one in Terry
County in 2010, one in Lubbock County earlier this year, and this
bird.

Photographs will be uploaded to my eBird report a little later today.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!