Date: 9/13/20 10:31 am
From: Jay Withgott <withgott...>
Subject: [obol] fun new video on bird poop to brighten up your smoky day

I love your Warrenton field trip, Mike, thank you! But I don’t want to see one from the Curry Co. coast — will just make me jealous. Seriously, though, everyone, be careful out there. The AQI in my neighborhood peaked at 687 last night, and we are not setting foot outside the house today, but even the lower AQI levels on the coast and in SE Oregon are still hazardous to one’s long-term health. The recent research on damage not just to lungs but to the heart and the brain is pretty scary, and this PM-2.5 pollution we’ve got right now is the worst.

BUT on a much CHEERIER note, here’s a bird video you will love…. My wife's colleague Dr. Michael Murphy at Portland State University was interviewed for a video that a Vox reporter put together, and it turned out great! It is about bird poop, so what’s not to love?…..

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/3/21417143/why-bird-nests-arent-covered-in-poop-explained-to-kids

Jay Withgott
Portland

*******