Date: 9/13/20 10:23 am
From: waxwingboheme <waxwingboheme...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Westside and North Coast
Howdy all,

Amy Patten and I visited Natural Bridges yesterday (12 Sep), where we saw
Lois' BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER (
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/59465341) in the early afternoon.
Amy also saw the continuing BLACKPOLL. Both were fairly high in the
Eucalyptus at the Monarch viewing platform (are there ever many monarchs
there anymore?). There was also a lot of activity in the trees along
Delaware near the University offices, with one mixed flock that held
Warbling Vireo, Townsend's Warbler and at least one BLACK-THROATED GRAY
WARBLER.

This morning Chris Lay and I visited the creek mouth at Waddell, where the
BAR-TAILED GODWIT (https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/59465339)
continued. At first it was far south on the beach, but later flew north to
bathe in the outlet of the creek. In both cases it was associated with a
flock of tens of Whimbrels and a handful of Marbled Godwits – it tended to
forage higher up the beach in the wrack line, and was usually physically
closer to the Whimbrels than the Marbled Godwits.

On the way back we stopped at Davenport landing where a raggedy looking,
pale juvenile LARK SPARROW (
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/59467156) was foraging between
cars in the parking area near the beach.

Lots of birds flying over this morning, undoubtedly more good stuff out
there to be found!

Christian Schwarz
Santa Cruz