Date: 9/13/20 6:32 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Birds and Smoke
I posted a web site recently, fire.airnow.gov, that shows the enormous
smoke plume along west coast real well. It is far offshore. I suspect this
is part of the reason the birding is so good along the south coast right
now. Quite a few big mixed flocks on the outer coast- more than I remember
in past years anyhow. Once the smoke clears it will probably be back to
normal so now is a good time to bird the coast I think and get away from
the very nasty valley smoke. It is foggy/smoky on the coast but not near
as bad as the valley.

Crazy times!

Take care all,
Tim Rodenkirk