Date: 9/12/20 5:39 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos ‘n Curry Rarities of Late
Yesterday (9/11) I saw a long overdue (male) TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD with a
starling/blackbird flock in Coos along Lower 4-mile Road which is a few
miles south of Bandon.

This AM saw the BW WARBLER with Diane Cavaness at Lone Ranch wayside north
of Brookings that Chris Hinkle originally found there 4 days ago.

While we were at Lone Ranch the Hinkles were at AZ Beach SP refinding the
BW WARBLER Russ and Leisyka found there yesterday. In addition they heard a
YB CUCKOO call twice but never could see it. Perhaps the first coastal
record in OR? I couldn't relocate it in the dense fog at 4PM (dang).

While I was sorting through some huge mixed flocks at Chetco Pt (nothing
rare) the Hinkles were finding a NORTHERN PARULA and BLACK-THROATED SPARROW
in Gold Beach along river trail across from Indian Village (1/2 mile from
Hwy 101 on south bank road). I arrived and missed the parula but did see
yet another BW WARBLER. Also refound the juvie BT SPARROW (further toward
bridge on trail where it opens up into grassy area).

Also at least 6 ELEGANT TERNS in Gold Beach early AM in dense fog (could
easily have been more just really hard to see).

Dense smoky fog almost all day with temps pushing 60F.

Birds everywhere!

Oh Terry Wahl reports three SE OWLS at his families ranch near Cape Blanco
this past Wednesday.

Awesome day!
Tim Rodenkirk
heading back to Coos Bay