Date: 9/12/20 4:34 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

Blue-winged Teal (1 Curry)
Wild Turkey (2 Harney)
Red-necked Grebe (3 Benton)
Black-chinned Hummingbird (2 Crook)
Whimbrel (1 Benton)
Sanderling (3 Benton)
Dunlin (2 Lincoln)
Burrowing Owl (1 Curry)
Short-eared Owl (1 Curry)
Black Phoebe (1 Lake)
Bank Swallow (4 Tillamook)
Cliff Swallow (4 Tillamook)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (1 Crook)
Northern Mockingbird (3 Grant)
Black-and-white Warbler (5 Curry)
Orange-crowned Warbler (Gray-headed) (1 Multnomah)
Orange-crowned Warbler (orestera) (1 Union)
Blackpoll Warbler (2 Union)
Yellow-throated Warbler (23 Lane)
Summer Tanager (2 Grant)
Lazuli Bunting (1 Washington)

Blue-winged Teal (Spatula discors) (3)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 19:08 by Adrian Hinkle
- Gold Beach--Marina, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.4195652&<ll...>,-124.4195652
- Comments: "Females."

Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) (8)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 16:41 by Russ Morgan
- 75146 John Day-Burns Highway, Burns, Oregon, US (43.705, -119.012),
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.0120894&<ll...>,-119.0120894
- Comments: "Very large game birds on the side of the road."

Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) (8)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 16:41 by Nolan Clements
- 75146 John Day-Burns Highway, Burns, Oregon, US (43.705, -119.012),
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.0120894&<ll...>,-119.0120894
- Comments: "Very large game birds on the side of the road."

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 09:08 by Will Wright
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Photos"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:58 by Bruce Dugger
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Bird photographed by WW"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 07:39 by Robert Jilek
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "NE pond. Photos."

Black-chinned Hummingbird (Archilochus alexandri) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 11:11 by Tom Crabtree
- Crooked River Wetlands Complex, Crook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.897857&<ll...>,-120.897857
- Comments: "photos. Female hummer with clear, unmarked throat, gray-green
sides, long bill. In willows by swallow box #26"

Black-chinned Hummingbird (Archilochus alexandri) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 12:05 by Charles Gates
- Prineville 1561 NE Deedie Ct, US-OR (44.3152,-120.8428), Crook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.842789&<ll...>,-120.842789
- Media: 10 Photos
- Comments: "Green back, dark sides, long bill, gray ear patch, white dot
behind eye, white near vent and lower belly."

Whimbrel (Numenius phaeopus) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 09:08 by Will Wright
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Probably....heard vocalizing and seen flying on far side of
pond, smoky conditions"

Sanderling (Calidris alba) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 09:08 by Will Wright
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "Continuing"

Sanderling (Calidris alba) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:12 by Bruce Dugger
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Comments: "It was a sanderling :)"

Sanderling (Calidris alba) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:20 by Hendrik Herlyn
- Philomath Sewage Ponds (restricted access), Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3461237&<ll...>,-123.3461237
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing on NE pond. Photos."

Dunlin (Calidris alpina) (2)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 16:10 by Kathleen O'Reilly
- 334–448 Yachats Ocean Rd, Yachats US-OR 44.30420, -124.10819, Lincoln,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.108187&<ll...>,-124.108187
- Comments: "With the small flock of WESA. Long droopy bills, stocky.
Uniform gray backs. Next size class up from WESA."

Dunlin (Calidris alpina) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 11:03 by Elizabeth Laver-Holencik
- Mark Hatfield Marine Science Center and Estuary Trail, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0434766&<ll...>,-124.0434766
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "I think it’s a Dunlin. I’m not familiar with them this time
of year. Larger than Westerns and gray overall on top. Drooping bill.
photo added"

Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 19:08 by Adrian Hinkle
- Gold Beach--Marina, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.4195652&<ll...>,-124.4195652
- Comments: "Migrant. Appeared suddenly flying through fog as it was
getting late, flew south over shorebird cove and low over airstrip out of
sight into fog. Small owl, distinctive flappy but strong flight pattern.
Rounded wings."

Short-eared Owl (Asio flammeus) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 19:08 by Adrian Hinkle
- Gold Beach--Marina, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.4195652&<ll...>,-124.4195652
- Comments: "Began circling just after the Burrowing flew through. Spent at
least a minute over the shorebird cove, may have then gone southward.
Surprisingly good views: pale Barn Owl sized owl with pale underparts, dark
streaky throat/upper breast, white face with dark patches, brown wings with
pale wrist patches. Bouncy moth like flight."

Black Phoebe (Sayornis nigricans) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 07:52 by Steve Tucker
- Goose Lake State Recreation Area (Oregon), Lake, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.3235781&<ll...>,-120.3235781
- Comments: "Found sitting on a bench next to where I parked my car. Black
with white belly. Photos."

Bank Swallow (Riparia riparia) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:49 by Vicki Sandage
- Nehalem Meadows--Tideland Rd., Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.8721746&<ll...>,-123.8721746
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Photos"

Bank Swallow (Riparia riparia) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:49 by allen codding
- Nehalem Meadows--Tideland Rd., Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.8721746&<ll...>,-123.8721746
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Photos"

Bank Swallow (Riparia riparia) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:49 by Sara Bettencourt
- Nehalem Meadows--Tideland Rd., Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.8721746&<ll...>,-123.8721746
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Photos"

Bank Swallow (Riparia riparia) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:49 by Rich Hoyer
- Nehalem Meadows--Tideland Rd., Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.8721746&<ll...>,-123.8721746
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Smaller than Barn Swallows, brown above with contrastingly
darker wings, white below with dark chest band."

Cliff Swallow (Petrochelidon pyrrhonota) (1) CONFIRMED
[...]

- Comments: "Short tail; broad, buffy rump patch"

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 12:50 by Charles Gates
- Marina Beach 2, Crook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.6959295&<ll...>,-120.6959295
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Photos"

Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:11 by Karen Jacobs
- Monument Reserve (Thomas Cavender Reservoir), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.431813&<ll...>,-119.431813
- Comments: "Pale gray overall, more slender and longer-tailed than
American Robin, with flashing white wing patches and white sides on tail.
Longer tail than a TOSO, bigger overall. Bird was on top of tree on west
side of reservoir. Wing patches a great ID. Possibly a juvenile with
fading spots on breast. Observered by two others. They submitted
comments. No photo. I have seen these many times in Tucson, Arizona."

Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:11 by Jimi Soupir
- Monument Reserve (Thomas Cavender Reservoir), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.431813&<ll...>,-119.431813
- Comments: "Pale gray overall, more slender and longer-tailed than
American Robin, with flashing white wing patches and white sides on tail.
Longer tail than a TOSO, bigger overall. Bird was on top of tree on west
side of reservoir. Wing patches a great ID. Possibly a juvenile with
fading spots on breast. Observered by two others. They submitted
comments. No photo. I have seen these many times in Tucson, Arizona."

Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:00 by Karen Jacobs
- Monument Reserve (Thomas Cavender Reservoir), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.431813&<ll...>,-119.431813
- Comments: "Pale gray bird perched on an open dead tree at distance, long
tail and large size, and squawking. As I approached closer, it flew over
the open water of the pond with bold white wing patches and white sides on
tail visible then perched in willow and Russian olive trees where 2 others
in my party were able to observe and compare its size to 2 California
Scrub-Jays.
Others in party recorded their observations."

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 15:00 by Russ Namitz
- Arizona Beach State Recreation Site, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.3954897&<ll...>,-124.3954897
- Comments: "Seen briefly. Black and white warbler. Female with black
cap, white eyeliner and white throat."

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 15:00 by Leisyka Parrott
- Arizona Beach State Recreation Site, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.3954897&<ll...>,-124.3954897
- Comments: "Seen briefly. Black and white warbler. Female with black
cap, white eyeliner and white throat."

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 16:50 by Adrian Hinkle
- Lone Ranch State Wayside, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.3445492&<ll...>,-124.3445492
- Comments: "Continuing bird found by Chris Hinkle two days ago. Photos."

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:36 by Leisyka Parrott
- Lone Ranch State Wayside, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.3445492&<ll...>,-124.3445492
- Comments: "First found by Chris Hinkle. Continuing. In riparian with
chickadee flock. Black and white striped warbler creeping along branches
like a nuthatch."

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:36 by Russ Namitz
- Lone Ranch State Wayside, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.3445492&<ll...>,-124.3445492
- Comments: "First found by Chris Hinkle. Continuing. In riparian with
chickadee flock. Black and white striped warbler creeping along branches
like a nuthatch."

Orange-crowned Warbler (Gray-headed) (Leiothlypis celata celata/orestera)
(2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 07:30 by Ross Barnes-Rickett
- Mt. Tabor Park, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.5940323&<ll...>,-122.5940323
- Comments: "Conservative number, at least 2 orestera/celata type, looked
mostly orestera-like."

Orange-crowned Warbler (orestera) (Leiothlypis celata orestera) (2)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 07:53 by Sean Cozart
- Thief Valley Reservoir (Union Co.), Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.785368&<ll...>,-117.785368
- Comments: "One male. Overall greenish-yellow including head eliminated
celata. Too greenish below to be lutescens."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 07:53 by Sean Cozart
- Thief Valley Reservoir (Union Co.), Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.785368&<ll...>,-117.785368
- Comments: "#338 life bird. #252 year bird. Spotted initally at 8:05,
presumably heard at 8:53. Found on road where the Pacific Willow hangs over
the road. The entire two-minute duration we tried watching it, it stayed
very deep in the willow, working from the foliage to the canopy and
dropping down when finished. I viewed it twice thru binos but all I saw
were the underparts. It was dull yellow below with black streaking. Once I
realized this was my target bird, I tried for photos but the only warblers
willing to pop out of the foliage for just a second was the pair of Rocky
Mts. OCWA. I was first alerted to the warbler by call though I'm not sure
if the BLPW was the producer of the chip since the OCWA were there. Call I
did hear sounded hard, fast but kind of wispy. Not as loud or prolong as
Audubon's Warbler. Probably my biggest regret about this sighting is giving
up after the warblers came around a second time and we did not visually see
the BLPW. But on the other hand I wouldn't have found the Semipalmated
Plover (they really do exist, who knew?) if I had stayed."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 08:20 by Dave Trochlell
- Thief Valley Reservoir (Union Co.), Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.785368&<ll...>,-117.785368
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. I watched this bird foraging in the sagebrush
along the dam road on two occasions for a total of 40 minutes, once at
11:15 and the other at noon. When I last saw it at about 12:30, the
Blackpoll Warbler was far south of the willow forest area where it had been
seen previously and in a large willow tree at 45.021828, -117.784546.
Photos of the bird in sagebrush/rabbitbrush."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:22 by Dan Heyerly
- 349 W D St, Springfield US-OR 44.04946, -123.02946, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.029464&<ll...>,-123.029464
- Comments: "Ongoing bird - male"

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:22 by Anne Heyerly
- 349 W D St, Springfield US-OR 44.04946, -123.02946, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.029464&<ll...>,-123.029464
- Comments: "Ongoing bird - male"

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 11:00 by Scott McNeeley
- 383 West D. St., Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0302989&<ll...>,-123.0302989
- Comments: "Same continuing bird. Stayed around for next 5 hours, second
day. Seen by other birders."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:00 by Sally Hill
- 405 W D St, Springfield US-OR 44.04947, -123.03054, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.030539&<ll...>,-123.030539
- Comments: "Continuing warbler seen in Scott’s yard from canal path.
Brilliant yellow throat, black mask with lower eye arc, white supercilium.
White belly black streaks on flanks. Coming to snag on western part of
yard."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 14:50 by Torrey Gage-Tomlinson
- 405 W D St, Springfield US-OR 44.04954, -123.03059, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.030585&<ll...>,-123.030585
- Comments: "Bright yellow throat, white lores, black mask. Continuing bird
found by Scott at his house, viewed from the birding trail at Island park."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 15:33 by Gerry Meenaghan
- 409 W D St, Springfield US-OR 44.04946, -123.03071, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.030713&<ll...>,-123.030713
- Comments: "Continuing. Seen from this pin location. Found by Scott
McNeely and refound by friends. Eponymous bright yellow throat. Black and
white striping on eyes. Slightly decurved bill. On snag with suet/bark
butter feeder. Photos."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 10:19 by Joshua Little
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Continuing bird in Scott McNeely’s yard seen from birding
trail at the north end of island park. Blue gray back, black and white face
pattern, black streaks down the sides, and brilliant yellow throat. Thanks
to John for getting great directions out and Daniel for showing me the
exact spot. Second state lifer in the 5mr this year! Poor, smoky pics."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 09:43 by Vjera Thompson
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Continuing. Warbler with bold orange-yellow throat, with black
sides."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 09:15 by Janet Kelly
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Continuing. Visits suet feeder on the tall Cedar Tree. Photo."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:37 by John Sullivan
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Continuing rarity found by Scott McNeeley. Seen from the
Birding Trail along the canal at the north end of the park. Black and white
with bright yellow throat."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 08:15 by Linda Gilbert
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Quick observation as the bird came to bark butter feeder.
Noted bright yellow throat, black and white face pattern with white
supercilium and white arc below the eye, black streaks on white flank,
white wing bars on gray back."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 17:10 by Isaac Denzer
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing along birding trail at north end of park. Photos
tba"

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 16:20 by Sally Hill
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Continuing at Scott’s feeder. Coming to bark butter on a snag
on the west side of the yard. Bright yellow throat with white belly, black
streaking on flanks. White supercillium with white lower eye arc. Black
extends below eye. Gray back with two white wing bars. Came into feeder
twice but too brief for photos."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 16:04 by Sylvia Maulding
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "coninuing bird found yesterday by Scott. coming to feeder on
tree. bright yellow throat, black face with white."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 15:44 by Tye Jeske
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "Continuing, adult male on Scott M. Feeder viewed from the
Birding Site trail, by the canal. Visited the butter bar on the small fir
tree. Had a bluish-gray upper-side with a white underside with striping on
flanks. Had black face patterning, with a obvious large yellow throat. Was
only able to get poor photos."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 15:12 by Neil Bjorklund
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Comments: "warbler with bright yellow/orange throat, bold black and white
face markings, blue-gray back, streaked sides"

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:50 by Ramiro Aragon
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing rarity found by Scott McNeeley. Seen from the
birding trail along the canal at the north edge of the park. Gorgeous black
and white Warbler with a stunning yellow-orange throat. Photos."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:50 by John Sullivan
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing rarity found by Scott McNeeley. Seen from the
birding trail along the canal at the north edge of the park. Gorgeous black
and white Warbler with a stunning yellow-orange throat. Photos."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:30 by Dennis Arendt
- Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0275202&<ll...>,-123.0275202
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "seen earlier by Scott McNeeley at his house in Springfield,
Oregon. Bright yellow-orange throat, black and white face pattern, photos"

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:01 by Ramiro Aragon
- Island Park (end of the birding trail) 44.0491,-123.0304), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.030357&<ll...>,-123.030357
- Comments: "Warbler with a bright yellowish-orangish throat, contrasting
with the dark face. Seen as part of a mixed-species flock. Location was
just South across the canal from Scott's backyard. Relocated later on the
day by Scott and Mary at their backyard."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1)
- Reported Sep 12, 2020 07:52 by Vickie Buck
- Scott and Mary’s near Island Park, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.030801&<ll...>,-123.030801
- Comments: "Continuing at Scott and Mary’s. Bright yellow throat and upper
breast, and white underparts. White supercillium with a black patch below
the eye and bordering the throat. Grayish back. Coming into the feeder
attached to the tall tree stump. It also flew into the zinnias once. In the
time we were there, it appeared 4-5 times."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:44 by Ramiro Aragon
- Scott's backyard, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0302979&<ll...>,-123.0302979
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Relocated by Scott and Mary ~ 20 minutes before. Photo."

Yellow-throated Warbler (Setophaga dominica) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 13:50 by Ellen Cantor
- US-Oregon-Springfield-383 West D Street - 44.05x-123.03, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0302813&<ll...>,-123.0302813
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Great views and good photos. Black, dark gray, and white
warbler with bright yellow throat; white supercilium; black surrounding
eye; white patch on side of neck; dark grey back continuing to nape then
top of head; black streaking along upper sides of white belly; white wing
bars . Seen with several others coming to feeders and gleaming in a nearby
shrub at private residence"

Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) (2)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:57 by Jimi Soupir
- stakeout Summer Tanager, Thomas Orchards, Kimberly (2020), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.6362707&<ll...>,-119.6362707
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing, male and female. Photo"

Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) (2)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 10:57 by Karen Jacobs
- stakeout Summer Tanager, Thomas Orchards, Kimberly (2020), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.6362707&<ll...>,-119.6362707
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing, male and female. Photo"

Lazuli Bunting (Passerina amoena) (1)
- Reported Sep 11, 2020 09:45 by Rick Bennett
- Tualatin River NWR--Atfálat'i Unit, Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.8312254&<ll...>,-122.8312254
- Comments: "maybe a juvenile continuing in area near photo blind--
sparrow-sized bird with tan faintly-streaked breast, slightly darker back
with buffy wing bars, and the big eyes I associate with LAZB."

Join us on Facebook!