Date: 9/12/20 10:49 am
From: L.T. Jaeger <ltjaeger...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Bird ID at Natural Bridges
It’s definitely a Blackpoll. Nice find!!

The birds that it could most likely be confused with are Pine Warbler and Bay-breasted, which are even more unlikely. Bay-breasted has stronger back streaking, and less streaking on the breast; sometimes they’ll show a warm wash on their breast and flanks.

Pine Warblers have very little breast streaking, and have unstreaked backs.

Neither Pine nor Bay-breasted have pale feet or legs, which can be clearly seen in you photo, cementing the I.D. as Blackpoll.

Clay Kempf
Elkhorn