Date: 9/12/20 9:35 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Very good numbers of Wilson's Warbler in Lubbock
Greetings All:

Aside from hummingbirds, what really stood out about Clapp Park this
morning was the number of Wilson's Warblers at the site. There are
four spots at the site where warblers can bathe and I had eight, six,
four, and four Wilson's Warblers at these spots alone. Additionally I
had at least six in the sunflowers along the west edge of the main
playa, three at shrubhenge, two in willows along the east edge of the
northeast playa, at least six along the dike, two in the willows at
the north end of the park, and five in the arboretum.

That makes for at least forty-six (and as I wasn't tallying
incidentals encountered along my route - to minimize the likelihood of
double-counting this is a minimum count) Wilson's Warblers at the
site.

This is evocative of numbers we used to encounter at favorable sites
in the late 1990s/early 2000s!

It is also consistent with other reports, including one from Mark
Lockwood at Lake Balmorhea, of unusually high numbers of Wilson's
Warblers.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner