Date: 9/12/20 9:01 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Blackburnian Warbler in Lubbock
Greetings All:

I relocated, most likely, the very bright adult fall male Blackburnian
Warbler (first reported by Rob Lee) at Clapp Park at about 8:25 this
morning. I saw it, briefly, take a bath in the branch-overhung puddle
at the southwest culvert ... before it was chased off by a
hummingbird. I saw it briefly, twice, when it popped out to take bugs
off sunflowers at the sunflower patch at the same corner - both times
it was immediately chased off by hummingbirds. It then flew to the
west end of the dike. I saw it again, briefly, at about 10:00,
working through the tall cottonwood near the west end of the dike.

The hummingbirds, subject of a separate post, are brutal during the
first couple of hours of active foraging - the only songbirds that
could hold fast against their assaults and get some quiet foraging in
were the 2-3 Black-headed/Rose-breasted Grosbeaks foraging in the low
sunflower patches.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner