Date: 9/11/20 5:39 pm
From: Pat <pvaldata1...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Connecticut Warbler at Turkey Pt.

I haven't had much luck with permethin and biting flies, though. They chew me right through my treated clothes.Pat ValdataCrisfield, MDSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...> Date: 9/11/20 8:07 PM (GMT-05:00) To: Cheryl Hogue <cheryl.hogue...> Cc: Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Connecticut Warbler at Turkey Pt. We travel a lot to chiggery and ticky areas, and before we go we spray our socks and pants with permethrin, allow them to air outside over several days, and pack. The permethrin stays in the fabric over several washes. Works well, we have never had much issue with chiggers.Gail MackiernanColesvilleSent from my iPadOn Sep 11, 2020, at 7:41 PM, Cheryl Hogue <cheryl.hogue...> wrote:Congrats on the Connecticut!I love my Insect Shield socks: https://www.insectshield.com/Insect-Shield-Sport-Crew-Sock-P438.aspxI also have Insect Shield shirts and some pants I sent to them to get treated.Cheryl HogueSilver SpringOn Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5:22:07 PM UTC-4 <timhoughton...> wrote:

It was brown-hooded--immature/female type--in southwest corner. Overall, the birding was slow at TP. I got there with hopes of finding Blackpoll, Cape May, and Bay-Breasted, but today I didn't find any of those. Still, obviously, a good day there. But watch out for the biting flies. They seem to love white socks. And it takes a good deal of repellant to dissuade them. One migration forecast says big movement tonight--so tomorrow will hopefully be good birding.

Tim Houghton

(Glen Arm)