Date: 9/11/20 12:56 pm
From: Patrick Baize <pkbaize...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Re: Frequency and location of American White Pelicans in Michigan

about 12-15 years ago I knew someone who lived in the Alpena area he said he would kayak out to some islands in Lake Huron and find nesting pelicans. Didn't see them my self but.......................

Pat B. Howell, Michigan

On Friday, September 11, 2020, 03:38:51 PM EDT, Timothy Dey <timothydey...> wrote:

It has become a common occurrence the last few years to spot half a dozen or so white pelicans in and around Cell 1 (the northern part of the "banana") at Point Mouillee in northern Monroe County. Always a fine addition to a few hours spent watching shorebirds and related at that location.Good birding,TimothyLincoln Park

On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 1:38:51 AM UTC-4 <bev_......> wrote:

My picture of the pelicans at Shiawassee brought me a few comments.  From May 2018 - a dated article from the Detroit Free Press on American White Pelicans in Michigan.  https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/26/pelican-sightings-rise-michigan-lake-erie/637363002/?fbclid=IwAR1bEeih8ZbOIQwUMz0aJlxRBtp9AdjSjv61zevYNDwEIdFYGgAGluWBYow I don't know if there is updated information on all of this, but I was enlightened by the article even though it's 2 years old.
I think my first sighting was 8 or 9 years ago with one sighted flying south from the southern shore of Ontario about 80 miles east of the Soo Locks.  It was quite exciting!  Times are a-changing.
Bev Wolf

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<22c66bd0-03ca-44e4-a462-8d811715b446n...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org