Date: 9/11/20 8:44 am
From: Derek Richardson <derek.c.richardson...>
Subject: [MDBirding] sound clip opinion sought
Hello! I recorded the attached bird song at Rocky Gorge in PG county this
morning. To me it sounds possible for Kentucky Warbler, except would this
sort of vocalization be expected in the fall? Otherwise I guess it's a
somewhat atypical Carolina Wren song (there was another individual singing
in the background). No visual unfortunately (forest edge with dense-ish
understory). The BirdNet api <https://birdnet.cornell.edu/api/> gives a
modestly higher probability for KEWA over CARW, but the analysis does not
include region or time of year.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

P.S. Pretty slow today at the reservoir, except there were a lot of House
Wrens, Brown Thrashers, and Indigo Buntings around. Full list here
<https://ebird.org/checklist/S73456669>.

--
Derek Richardson (he/him/his)
West Laurel MD USA