Date: 9/10/20 6:07 pm
From: Don Weiss <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender donweissphotography for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Birdcast--Cornell migration forecast tool
Hello to everyone! I just joined yesterday. Spending a week in La Pine starting Saturday. I read this post and realized I have the page bookmarked:  Live bird migration maps - BirdCast

| |
Live bird migration maps - BirdCast

See real-time analysis maps of intensities of actual nocturnal bird migration, as detected by the US weather sur...

Looking forward to the trip, make and all! Hoping to find some great western birds! I'm from Pennsylvania.
Don

http://www.donweissphotography.com

On Thursday, September 10, 2020, 02:08:01 PM EDT, Linda Perkins <lindajthurmes...> wrote:

Hi All,
I've been using this Cornell Ornithology real-time migration forecast tool and I want to bring it to your attention in the off chance you haven't seen it. It's called Birdcast.  birdcast.info
Carol Elder told me about it. I really like the regional forecasts but they are not easy to find on the site. They used to be accessed through Migration Alerts under the News heading (after you clicked on live bird migration), but for some reason that has disappeared. I thought I'd link to the regional page here. You can click on a region and it will break down the migratory forcast for each species---when they are expected to arrive, peak and depart.
I know this says it's the forecast for September 3-4 but if you click on a region it shows the whole fall migration. There must be a better way to access this information but I couldn't find it this morning. If you have one please let me know.
I'd pretty much given up on the sooty shearwaters but Birdcast says they peak 9/15 so maybe I still have a chance to see them!

Linda PerkinsAstoria
https://birdcast.info/news/migration-alert-major-flight-for-3-4-september-2020/

| Migration Alert: Major Flight for 3-4 September 2020 - BirdCastThe BirdCast model is predicting high intensity migration for the continental US for the night of 3-4 September 2020. We estimate this migration will comprise more than 200 million migrants over nine states (and an additional 210-220 million in the remainder of the contiguous US!), highlighting an amazing opportunity to experience migration, whether by listening at night to vocal birds in ...birdcast.info |

Join us on Facebook!