Date: 9/9/20 1:49 pm
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie Island goodies: Sanderling, Pacific Golden-Plover, Yellow-headed Blackbird
I spent a few hours at Sauvie Island (Columbia Co) this morning. Wind was not an issue, smoke somewhat.

Grassy Lake was super active with 65 Great Egrets and double digits of each of the 2 yellowlegs, and a Solitary Sandpiper. A Yellow-headed Blackbird was also working the mud.

The Narrows was slow, but the Wash was great. A Pacific Golden-Plover flew in close as I was just about to leave. Another pluvialis plover was too far out, but could have been a second golden. A Sanderling was with Western Sandpipers, also not too far out. 25 Sandhill Cranes must have been part of the summering population in the area. A scope is required for The Wash, and even then the birds are sometimes too far out.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!