Date: 9/9/20 1:17 pm
From: Mark Nikas <elepaio...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: More than 1 Plumbeous Vireo at Page Springs
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Nikas <elepaio...>
Date: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [obol] More than 1 Plumbeous Vireo at Page Springs
To: Andy Thomas <adt0611...>

I did not see the white crown at the time but most of my views were looking
up. I've attached a photo of the enlarged area of the crown. The original
post had lower res photos to save space. The full res photo in my eBird
submission (https://ebird.org/checklist/S73368032) doesn't allow you to
zoom in. My first thought was spots of light as well but zooming in it
doesn't seem so. I chased PLVI sounds around the campground that day so
all photos were not necessarily the same bird.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 1:08 PM Andy Thomas <adt0611...> wrote:

> In this photo it looks more like refracted sunlight than leucism, but that
> might be an artifact of the photo. Did you see the leucism at the time?
>
> Andrew Thomas
>
> On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 1:01:03 PM PDT, Mark Nikas <
> <elepaio...> wrote:
>

> While going through photos from my recent visit to eastern Oregon I see I
> have photos of 2 different Plumbeous Vireos. One bird has a bit of
> leucocism on its crown and the other does not. Both were at Page Springs
> campground on 9/4.
>
> Mark Nikas

Join us on Facebook!