Date: 9/8/20 12:32 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] South Coast Birds of late
Well looks like Chris Hinkle had a Blackpoll yesterday at Lone Ranch in
Curry (vagrant trap just north of Brookings).

Terry Wahl had a YH Blackbird at the family ranch near Cape Blanco like a
week ago. There was another one in the eBird alert from Bandon at the jetty
two days ago. Terry also had two Vesper Sparrows today.

On way into the Storm Ranch area of New River this AM (SW Coos) had an
adult N Goshawk fly right in front of my truck. Also had a singing Cassin’s
Vireo in a flock I didn’t have time to look at- unusual on coast.

Quite smoky here and hot! 80s & 90s forecasted for beach.

Happy birding all,
Tim Rodenkirk
SW Coos County

Join us on Facebook!