Date: 9/8/20 8:00 am
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: [Tweeters] Steadify -- "world's smallest wearable stabilizer" -- giving away
Hi Bob -

I haven’t seen this particular model, but I’ve seen similar tools. The simplest, neatest one I’ve seen is a belt pouch made out of very sturdy material, into which you insert  the foot of your monopod, and with a tilt head on the other hand it is very effective in two aspects:

• It carries most of the weight of the camera + lens, which is great for some of the larger heavier lenses, so your arms only need to direct the camera to what you want to shoot, instead of having to carry the weight at the same time. Works well standing up, as well as while squatting low for nicer angle.
• It really is surprisingly effective in stabilizing the camera for better shots especially at slower shutter speeds.

I have the Manfrotto 080 monopod belt pouch, and it works very well even with the heaviest lenses + extender. And it only costs $16.xx instead of $160 :-). Additionally it’s not clear to me whether the “Steadify” thingy would work with large diameter lenses.

Here’s a link for more information: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554102-REG/Manfrotto_080_080_Monopod_Belt_Pouch.html. Also available at everyone’s least favorite online mega-retailer :-)

Other ways of achieving the same result, again with a monopod, are to use a flagpole harness, which puts the weight on your shoulders instead of on your waist.

Cheers,

Nagi
On Sep 7, 2020, 22:47 -0700, Robert O'Brien <baro...>, wrote:
> Anybody on o b o l ever heard of this before? I never have. She claims it works quite well and is apparently just giving her extra one away. Not that anyone down here would get that one but it might be worth purchasing. I surely think I'll give it a try. Bob O'Brien Carver Oregon

Join us on Facebook!