Date: 9/7/20 9:14 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Page Springs Plumbeous Vireo
I took advantage of the cooler temperatures and headed down to Malheur NWR
for the day. The Plumbeous was a no show for the first hour I was there but
around 10:30am Mark Ludwick of Umatilla called me from 50 yards away to
where the bird was singing above my car(!). It put on a good show for the
next hour. It was originally seen in camp space 24 and from there
circulated between spots 22-25. When I left it, still singing, it was on
the hill behind space #25. I was able to get a few good pictures, though
they certainly looked better through the binoculars. The complete Page
Springs checklist and photos are here https://ebird.org/checklist/S73317247
. It was smoky all the way to Page Springs. On the way back I stopped at
Refuge Headquarters where it was beautifully clear. However the wind was
blowing at around 20mph so all the birds were hunkered down and generally
invisible.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!