Date: 9/7/20 9:01 pm
From: Jay Withgott <withgott...>
Subject: [obol] Deschutes SABINE'S GULL

Hi all —

My friend Seth Isenberg sent me a photo of a juvenile SABINE’S GULL he found today on the beach at the campground at East Lake, Deschutes County. The head coloration of the bird appeared a bit atypically pale in the photo, but it seems to safely be a Sabine’s. He is planning to create an eBird account to post it sometime tomorrow.

Looking at the current sightings map on eBird, this appears to be not just the first inland Sabine’s Gull of the fall for Oregon, but the first one for anywhere inland and west of the Rockies! But now that the dam is broken, I expect there will be more sightings, coming quickly, throughout the month.

Cheers, all,

Jay Withgott
Portland

*******