Date: 9/6/20 11:32 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Black-headed Gull at Fern Ridge
Great find. Fern Ridge gets so many mega rares. Maybe it just gets more
attention from birdersctgan other lakes, the its size makes it like an
inland sea. Harney Lake is larger, but much less scrutinized by birders.
There are certainly many rares that pass through unnoticed in Oregon...

Thousands of seabirds and at least one humpback whale are were hunting
something (presumably anchovies) in the Columbia Estuary up to the Youngs
Bay and Astoria-Megler Bridges today. Probably some Jaegers out there and
maybe a boobie, but none that I could see or heard of reported...

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon