Date: 9/6/20 1:52 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Plumbeous Vireo reports?
It is still there but moving around more, from the pumphouse by the canyon trail down to site 25.

Lots of birds are coming for water to the shaded stream behind site 18. This is more easily viewed from the west side of the stream, which has a better angle, right across from the new two-holer restroom about 2/3 of the way in on the “in” part of the loop.

Significant increase in Orange-crowns today, and a good variety of other migrants. Loads of RB Nuthatch and Lincoln’s. Josh Galpern spotted a Barn Owl in willows along the CPR and we found a Red-tail sitting on a freshly killed imm Red-shoulder - very fresh, as we had seen presumably the same shoulder flushed by a harrier further up the CPR. We saw a live imm shoulder near Cottonwood Pond. Also a probable at P Ranch.

Smoke has partly lifted.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Sep 6, 2020, at 1:37 PM, Tom Crabtree <tc...> wrote:
>

> Does anyone know if the Plumbeous Vireo at Page Springs Campground is still being seen? I haven’t seen a report since Alan Contreras’s mention on Friday.
>
> Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!