Date: 9/6/20 1:15 pm
From: Glen Tepke <g.tepke...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] WIFL
The (or another) Willow Flycatcher continued at Lighthouse SB in Santa
Cruz mid-day today. It was flycatching on the north side of the
aforementioned eastern willow patch, not far from the northeast
corner, around a very tall cedar(?) with a striking silver trunk. A
Pacific-slope Flycatcher foraging in the same area valiantly tried to
distract me from my target, but behavioral differences gave it away -
the PSFL tended to stay in the lower 2/3 of the willows, while the
WIFL tended to stay near the top - they go low, we go high.

Good birding,

Glen Tepke
Santa Cruz

On 9/5/2020 11:44 AM, <lia......> wrote:

Sharon and Lois's WILLOW FLYCATCHER continues in the Lighthouse SB
fields as of this morning approx 10:45a. In the northwest quadrant
of the fields there are 2 large willow patches and it was flycatching
out of the the eastern patch, southeastern corner (the side with more
large cypress).
Feels like migration is in full swing this week! Enjoy!Liam --
Groups "mbbirds" group.
an email to mbbirds+<unsubscribe...>
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mbbirds/<2d5f34f7-21f7-47cb-8c7b-7fbdca951b47n...>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mbbirds/<ce0d9cd0-bcd2-3e4d-d13e-977cc6fb4625...>