Date: 9/6/20 11:46 am
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Summer Tanager - Portland
There was a male Summer Tanager very high in a locust (I think that is what the tree is) at the corner of NE Couch and Floral in Portland a while ago. Several Western Tanagers were in nearby yards. The tree with the Summer Tanager also had two Black-throated Gray Warblers and an immature Yellow Warbler.

This is the second Summer Tanager I have seen in the neighborhood through the decades. The other was a spring bird that followed one seen a day or two earlier on Mt. Tabor that Pam Johnson, Bob Stites, and had seen.

Fun surprise on a dog walk.

Jeff Gilligan

*******
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>