Date: 9/6/20 11:25 am
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Banded Clark's Nutcracker, Mt. Howard, Wallowa County, 8.26.20
Gerry:

Nice find and photo.

I’m afraid you won’t be able to do much with that band since you only have 3 of the 8 or 9 numbers needed to report this band. At the bottom of the band is part of the BBL phone number for reporting bands "800-327" and the top of the bands is text for reporting the band “ReportBand”. So you have one number for the prefix ”1” and two for the suffix ”17”.

Roy Lowe
Waldport, OR

> On Sep 6, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Gerald Meenaghan (Redacted sender "meenaghang" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply...> wrote:
>
> OBOLers,
>
> Can anyone help me read this band? I know we have some experienced bird banders on the listserve. I’ve attached photos of the Clark’s Nutcracker with a metal (federal butt-end?) band found at the top of Mount Howard in Wallowa County on August 26, 2020 here. I can make out:
>
> (Top) Line 1: …BDO-327?
> (Middle) Line 2: …3-17?
> (Bottom) Line 3: …ORTBA?
>
> Can anyone do better? To whom shall I report this banded bird’s location, date, etc.? USGS (https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/ <https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/>)? Others?