Date: 9/6/20 8:54 am
From: Darrel Faxon <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] flycatcher recordings
I wonder if I am just hearing things. If anybody has the time, please listen to the following recordings from the Cornell all about birds site: Calls of Alder Flycatcher from Alaska, by Michael Anderson on June 28, 2006 and Willow Flycatcher from Oregon by Randolph Little on June 31, 1997. To me they sound nearly identical. The calls of Willow, particularly the first and last ones on the recording, have the same burry "rrrr" at the beginning as that of the calls of the Alder. Does anyone else get the same impression? It makes me wonder if the species are even safely distinguished by call.

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!