Date: 9/5/20 9:12 am
From: <bertf...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: the story of Travis County's first Red Phalarope
You are correct. The birding group was Alan Brook, Bill Murray, Frank Oatman, John Louis Rowlett, and Rose Ann Rowlett. The bird was photographed and some suggest that Mary Anne McClendon was the photographer. I have not seen the photograph and do not know if it still exists. The captured bird was later released, but then recaptured again when it was found emaciated and later died 18 Sep. --- Bert