Date: 9/3/20 7:35 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Migrants are coming... migrants are here.
Hi birders,

Two migrants of note today, at our home in Soquel:

1. An relatively early LINCOLN SPARROW showed up around 9am in our
garden, as I was taking a break after my first meeting of the day. Not
only is this my "first of season" (FOS), it is the first at our home in
Soquel. Unfortunately, not able to get a picture.

2. In the evening, a WESTERN TANAGER was fly-catching from the upper
parts of nearby large trees. Last fall, this species gorged on the
grapes on our "Roger's Red" grapevine. Plenty of ripe grapes, so hoping
we get lots of avian visitors this season.

It's that time of the year. Keep an eye out for those interesting
migrants. If not sure where, or what to look for, check out Randy
Wardle's write up from last year here:
http://www.lighthousenet.com/sc_birding_year/#september

Enjoy the birding, and stay healthy,

Pete Sole'