Date: 9/3/20 6:38 pm
From: Stephen Holzman <steveholzman2...>
Subject: [obol] Western Kingbird - Hatfield MSC - Newport
Rich Hoyer and his group found a Western Kingbird at the Mark Hatfield
Marine Science Center and Estuary Trail today at 1pm or so. Rachel and
I went out at 3pm and were able to find it along the trail. It moved
around a good bit from the back road all the way to the area north of
the shack. See attached map. We left at 4pm after not finding the
bird for about 15 minutes or so. Even though it's a kingbird and
perched in the open and did some hunting, it could be difficult to
stay on or refind. Good luck if you go looking.
Chuck Philo (my go-to local expert) says they are pretty rare here in
Fall, but more regular in Spring.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73151028

Steve & Rachel Holzman
Newport, OR