Date: 9/3/20 11:22 am
From: Christian Walker <christian.icapadjuster...>
Subject: [texbirds] Patch birding Mountain Creek Preserve - MacGillivray's Warbler, migrants
Hey there,

I got a little of Justin Bosler’s western luck this morning with a young MacGillivray’s Warbler at my patch in Irving: Campion Trails - Mountain Creek Preserve. Looking briefly in eBird this appears to be a second Dallas Co record? See checklist below, link also here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S73135016

It was a great morning today with lots of migrating birds, migrant highlights being 2 Northern Waterthrush, 5 Black-necked Stilts flying over, Traill’s and Least Flycatchers, Baltimore & Orchard Orioles, tons of Yellow Warblers, lots of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 2 Bank Swallows, a young Summer Tanager, and a big warbler that I had a brief look at that appeared similar to Connecticut but got away before I could confirm. I spent a lot of time looking for this yellow, big-billed warbler with what appeared to be a complete thin eyeing but never re-found it unfortunately, Lord that would’ve been something.

7 shorebird species (all flyovers except Spotted on the river) were also a highlight, and 8 waders too.

I think I added 7 or 8 species to the hotspot, and 8 or 9 new patch birds for me.

Good birding,

Christian Walker
Irving, TX

Christian Walker