Date: 9/3/20 10:48 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] 2020 eBird Game - August Report - of Interest to TCC/eBird Folk
Greetings All:

This is probably only of interest to folk who are interested in the
Texas Century Club and/or obsessed with eBird. In other words: if you
aren't interested in this sort of stuff feel free to hit the delete
button.

This is the second year of, hopefully, a two year project so I am
going to hit the reset button a wee bit. Though I have seen over 100
species in all 36 Oregon and all 254 Texas counties, I am way behind
on entering my historical data into eBird and at the beginning of
January of 2019, with 221 months of data not yet entered into eBird,
had but 14 Oregon and 71 Texas counties over 100 in eBird.

During 2019 I entered almost all of my Oregon data (still had October
1996 through December 1997) but finished off my OCC game with at least
100 species in all 36 counties ... and I made serious headway with the
Texas data (still had February of 2005 through December of 2011 to
go), getting up to 130 counties with over 100 species on my eBird
list.

In January I entered six months of historical data (October 1996
through December 1996 and February 2005 through April 2005) as well as
January itself, bringing me down to 92 months of un-entered historical
data. In February I entered twelve months of historical data (January
through April of 1997 and May through December of 2005) as well as
February itself, getting down to 80 months of un-entered historical
data. In March I entered fifteen months of historical data (May 1997
through December 1997 and January 2006 through July of 2006) as well
as March itself, getting down to 65 months of un-entered historical
data. In April I entered eight months of historical data (August 2006
through March 2007) as well as April itself, getting down to 57 months
of un-entered historical data. In May I entered 10 months of
historical data (April 2007 through December 2001 and January of
2011*) as well as May itself, getting down to 47 months of un-entered
historical data. In June I entered eleven months of historical data
(January through November of 2008) as well as June itself, getting
down to 36 months of un-entered historical data. In July I entered
twelve months of historical data (December 2008 through November of
2009) as well as July itself, getting down to 24 months of un-entered
historical data.

In August, with classes kicking in and lots of after-hours
reading/administrative chores to deal with, I slowed down, only
managing to enter seven months of historical data (December 2009
through June 2010) as well as August itself, getting down to 17 months
of un-entered historical data.

I managed to add three counties (Cottle, Foard, Knox) and discovered
two overlooked counties (Aransas and Rockwall) to my eBirded TCC list,
bringing me up to 185 out of 254 eBirded to TCC status.

September is going to be pretty rugged but I hope to get at least six
more months of historical data - we'll see.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!