Date: 9/3/20 7:10 am
From: Rhandy Helton <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender rjhelton for DMARC)
Subject: [texbirds] Rufous and Calliope Hummingbirds
Yesterday, 9/2, I had 3 Rufous and 1 Calliope Hummingbirds at my single feeder, acanthus and red yucca plants in the rock garden at my house in Junction (Kimble County). I have had single or multiple Rufous Hummingbirds at a time mostly every day for the last month. The small Calliope female is having a tough time with the aggressive Rufous. A Rufous Hummingbird literally hit the Calliope so hard it made an audible sound. I also have Black-chinned Hummingbirds and 1-2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds but it is a war zone trying to get in for food.
Rhandy J. HeltonJunction, Texas

Join us on Facebook!