Date: 9/2/20 9:42 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] HEPATIC TANAGER, Plains (Yoakum Co.)
Texbirds,

Yoakum County was incredibly birdy this evening, 2 September. It was my
first time "eBirding" the county - long overdue and much anticipated. If
you're ever passing through and limited to one stop, the County Park south
of Plains is FABULOUS.

At the Plains WTP woodlot I was shocked when an odd call note led me to an
adult male *Hepatic Tanager*. Luckily it perched long enough for me to run
and retrieve my camera.

The wastewater ponds yielded an adult *Harris's Hawk* and an eclipse male *Wood
Duck*.

The County Park had everything from *Belted Kingfisher* to flycatchers to a
few species of warblers. *Cave Swallows* were fairly numerous among the 4
swallow species. My best bird was perhaps the adult *Gray-headed Junco *in
with several Chipping Sparrows.

Bird on!

Justin Bosler
Littlefield, Texas