Date: 9/2/20 9:33 pm
From: Earl Lebow <hawkowl...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Pajaro Dunes

Hi,

I went to Pajaro Dunes this morning to test out our new procedures. Piece of cake. Gave the password, entered, parked, went though the front door, got a pass and was on my way. So far, so good and ready to go.

It felt great to be there after several weeks. If was fun saying hi to the Osprey at the confluence, the good numbers of Greater Yellowlegs with a couple of Lessers feeding amongst them and 3 Belted Kingfishers working the river. Saw my first Eared Grebe of the season as well.

At Shorebirds pond Red-Necked Phalaropes were abundant(226 by my estimate). 2 Spotted Sandpipers and a Wilson’s Warbler rounded out the usual suspects.
Migrants are still moving through and our access has been restored.

Have fun out there,

Earl
Sent from my iPhone