Date: 9/2/20 12:11 pm
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Irvine AGAIN golden-winged...and more
Just a little ways down from last week's spot on the Bauer entrance rd., I had another GWWA this morning, an immature female. Also an imm. Mourning Warbler in the same flock. I had a 2nd imm. MOWA along the gravel path that runs to the left of the small plateau behind the camp building (at bottom of asphalt path that goes down from parking). More problematic because so early--I had what I believe is an adult Orange-Crowned Warbler in the same flock as the 2nd MOWA. Basically, it would be very very early for OCWA, but I decided to put it down when I noticed that an OCWA was given e-Bird credit yesterday around an hour north near Harrisburg. I went through a lengthy description in my e-Bird report. But because it is basically extremely early, I will say there's a chance that it's a very unusual Tennessee. Also had a singing red-breasted nuthatch at parking. Many Veery around. I still haven't come across an olive-sided fly this season!

Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)