Date: 9/2/20 7:05 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] 'Early' Winter Wren in Lubbock
Greetings All:

I was somewhat startled when I stumbled across a Winter Wren on the
TTU HSC campus this morning. I followed it around for about five
minutes, ruling out all other alternatives. This is the second record
of a first-week-in-September Winter Wren for our region but, given the
extended bout of record or near-record heat that has prevailed in the
region for at least the last month and a half, it was not a bird I
expected to pop up early.

Perhaps, as Justin Bosler suggested in an earlier post regarding other
sightings, this is an early retreat from drought-stricken breeding
grounds.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner