Date: 9/1/20 8:30 pm
From: Richard Hoyer <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender birdernaturalist for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Nocturnal calls
Hi Brandon and All,

I've been hearing Savannah Sparrows in my pre-dawn sits in my residential Eugene yard. I've also heard a few shorebirds, recently only Semipalmated Plover and Least Sandpiper. I don't know if Solitary Sandpiper is as vocal in fall migration as they are in spring, but I doubt it. So far I've had just one Swainson's Thrush in a few days, but it might still be a bit early for the Valley floor. I suspect you'll hear Western Tanager and Black-headed Grosbeaks too, but I have found them mostly well after dawn in my yard of late.

Good Birding,

Rich
---
Rich Hoyer