Date: 9/1/20 8:29 pm
From: Pam Otley <pamo1954...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Egrets at Malheur HQ
Obolites,

I have viewed my photos of the egrets at Malheur HQ and have concluded that
the 4 small egrets are all Snowy Egrets. At least one is a juvenile and has
all yellow legs, which in viewing the photos on my camera and before
reviewing field marks in my field guides made me consider other species. I
have posted the photos to my eBird list. The photos are definitely lacking
in quality but if you see some reason to question the id of all Snowy
Egrets, please share that.

On last Sunday I had one Snowy Egret fly in to the HQ pond and stay only
about 30 minutes, which I was thrilled with, so seeing 4 at once is very
cool.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73089234

Pam Otley

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 9:13 AM Pam Otley <pamo1954...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At Malheur HQ this morning. A Great Egret flew into the pond, followed
> closely by 4 egrets that were definitely smaller. Most likely all were
> Snowy Egrets though one that landed right beside the GREG looked very
> small. It may have just been hunched over. I was up on the lawn when they
> arrived and took several distant photos. I walked down to the blind, trying
> to stay out of sight, but after a couple of photos they all flew. Aarrggh!
>
> I will be driving home the rest of today but hope to see if the photos I
> took might suggest other egret species....Little Blue, Cattle(?!)....I will
> post my list with photos.
>
> Hopefully this group will return so others might see them!
>
> Happy birding!
>
> Pam Otley

Join us on Facebook!