Date: 9/1/20 9:33 am
From: Bonnie Deming <bonnie...>
Subject: [texbirds] El Paso migrants

Yesterday was my best day for El Paso yard birds since we arrived 3 years ago! Good birds were in and out all day visiting our water feature and gleaning the plantings for insects.6:30 am MacGillivray's W.  poking around on the ground and scurrying like a mouse from Globe mallow  to Duranta.Virginia's W. visiting the water dish throughout the day.At noon, Wilson's, Townsend's, and Tennessee warblers arriving together to bathe and look for bugs.Female Bullock's Oriole bathing,  preening, visiting hummer feeders.Western Tanager f. bathing.2:00 Western Wood Pewee making forays from the Palo Verde tree.Warbling Vireo cautiously sitting in the Palo Verde.At 4:15 a Black-throated Gray landed in the Cenizo along with an Orange-crowned Warbler.At 5:00  a Black-headed Grosbeak  stopped briefly in Palo Verde and flew on.Also had a Tanager female that looked like a Scarlet Tanager, but I'm not sure if they migrate through El Paso? Yellow, one wingbar, shorter and fatter than a Summer Tanager.And the regular Lesser Goldfinches, House Finches, Inca Doves, White-wing Doves, Curve-billed Thrasher, Ladderback Woodpecker, and House Sparrows.And today looks good, too, so far!Bonnie DemingEl Paso WestSent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Join us on Facebook!