Date: 9/1/20 9:11 am
From: Pam Otley <pamo1954...>
Subject: [obol] Egrets at Malheur HQ
Hi all,

At Malheur HQ this morning. A Great Egret flew into the pond, followed
closely by 4 egrets that were definitely smaller. Most likely all were
Snowy Egrets though one that landed right beside the GREG looked very
small. It may have just been hunched over. I was up on the lawn when they
arrived and took several distant photos. I walked down to the blind, trying
to stay out of sight, but after a couple of photos they all flew. Aarrggh!

I will be driving home the rest of today but hope to see if the photos I
took might suggest other egret species....Little Blue, Cattle(?!)....I will
post my list with photos.

Hopefully this group will return so others might see them!

Happy birding!

Pam Otley

Join us on Facebook!