Date: 8/31/20 3:43 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Sound file help ID- flutey diurnal(1100hrs)cluck
There is always the technical aspect. How good is the speaker on my mobile phone ? What about software compatability? The time of day and year weigh heavily against Saw whet. Pygmy Owl on the other hand was frequently calling at my house on clear summer days last year. Many times a week in August. They never tooted this fast then, or any other time l've heard them over the past 50 years. We live where both species are routine, hear them from bed.        On my device to my ear this recording sounds totally squirrel.  The chipmunk is sharper, faster" tiktiktik" or chik chik chik.... Maybe young squirrels are a little higher pitched, not spot on with something in a file.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!