Date: 8/30/20 11:47 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Fall Migration Underway- South Coast Notes of late
I went south to AZ Beach SP in Curry yesterday (Saturday) to try and
refind the Northern Waterthrush photographed there on Thursday. No luck.
Did see both MacGillivray's and Yellow Warbler though and a dipper that was
almost on the beach on the creek there. There were approximately 500
swallows staging there, probably 80% Violet-greens.

This AM I found another MacGillivray's on North Spit Coos Bay along with
several Yellow Warblers. Also a Green Heron, two American Bitterns out in
the open, and at least 40 Purple Martins flying overhead including many
juvies. On the beach I only saw a few BB plovers, 4 Westerns, a couple
Greater Yellowlegs flying over, and about 20 Sanderlings. Brown Pelicans
moving north in good numbers now.

Eric Clough reports about 100 Vaux's Swifts using the chimney to roost at
the Tioga Hotel in downtown Coos Bay. He said 8PM was a good time to see
them enter the chimney.

Merry fall migration all!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay