Date: 8/29/20 2:52 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Crested Caracara in Sterling Co.
Hi Greer,

Thank you for posting about your Crested Caracara observation. I know that
the species has successfully nested in Glasscock County very close to the
Sterling County line and I suspect they are now very low density breeders
in Sterling County as well. There's so much private and inaccessible land
out there coupled with so few birders that they go undetected for long
periods of time.

I see that there is an eBird record close to where you saw your bird, but
inside Mitchell County.

Good birding!

Justin Bosler
Austin, Texas

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 7:37 PM Greer Willis <go2greer...> wrote:

> There was a Crested Caracara 18.3 miles North of Sterling City on TX 163
> eating roadkill. That seems to be a little north of their present range in
> Crockett County. Greer Willis, Water Valley.

Join us on Facebook!