Date: 8/29/20 2:04 pm
From: <cdlee......> <cdleescott...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Juvenile Golden Eagle
Hi Birders,
Just had some good overhead views from my back garden (near Pinto Lake in
Corralitos) of a juvenile G.E. ! The white patches on the wings were very
apparent, both above and below. Likewise the white on the tail. It was
making a repeated call, the "rather weak, high yelping" described by
Sibley. There was a Turkey Vulture circling around with it.
Ran for binoculars and was thoroughly disappointed until I heard the weak
calls again coming from the north east...heading towards Aptos hills. With
the bins I got some really great views.The T.V. circled back my way. I've
seen them through the years during the summer months, but never flying this
low to be able to see above and below. Such a treat!
cindy