Date: 8/28/20 8:35 pm
From: Caleb Centanni <caleb...>
Subject: [obol] Lane Co.--Gold Lake Area Birds
Hi folks,

Courtney and I camped out near Gold Lake last night. This morning, Courtney
had two American Three-toed Woodpeckers east of Marilyn Lakes, and we had
one together at the Gold Lake Campground. We also heard two young Goshawks
while hiking in this general area. Migrants are starting to arrive,
including Wilson's Warblers, Mac Warblers, Yellow Warbler, Swainson's
Thrush, a Rufous Hummer, and others. A Pygmy Owl tooted in the morning at
our campsite. Courtney heard a single Cassin's Finch. We were surprised by
one each of American Goldfinch and Cedar Waxwing. Plus the Canada Jays are
adorable, as were the fledgling Lincoln's Sparrows and Juncos. A flock of
25 Red Crossbills were probably Type 3s (Western Hemlocks), recordings to
come. No noticeable fire smoke there.

The bog research area at the north side of Gold Lake looks cool. Anyone
know how to bird it?

Best to all,
Caleb Centanni

Join us on Facebook!