Date: 8/28/20 1:24 pm
From: Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur Area WhatsApps Group
Given the success of local WhatApps groups like Portland Area Birds, I’m wondering if anyone else might be interested in a Malheur Area Bird WhatsApp group. I feel like this is a region that could really use the convenience of this type of social-media medium. Many of us Oregon birders make a trip or two over annually (often at the same times, during Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends). Lots of interesting birds are under-reported and discussed here. Topics such as road and weather conditions at popular locations like Steens rim or Fields would be better focused rather than going to thousands of people who are not in the area and have no interest. OBOL just doesn’t work all that well for real-time reporting here. I’ve created a group and this is the link. To join download the Whatsapp app on your phone and then follow the link. This group will be primarily focused on Harney, Malheur, and Lake Co birds and discussion.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CxQquux12sQEZHLdj8Nxhb <https://chat.whatsapp.com/CxQquux12sQEZHLdj8Nxhb>

Cheers,
Aaron B

Join us on Facebook!