Date: 8/27/20 3:23 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Brown Booby Fort Columbia SP, WAater
The Oregon line is very near the Washington shore at the bridge and elsewhere. My guess is that only a percent or two the river is in Washington at the bridge. BTW: For the point of land determinists regarding off shore boundaries, take note that the Oregon border is shown on maps extending west from river mouth, not far south of the north jetty of the Columbia into the ocean. Almost any bird seen from the north jetty to the south, that is not on the water very near the jetty, is in Oregon. A more appropriate reference for offshore birding jurisdiction would be from three miles off shore where the line parallel to the north jetty extends into the sea - or should it be from 10or more miles west?

Jeff Gilligan

> On Aug 27, 2020, at 2:10 PM, David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...> wrote:
>
> Oregon birders take note: the channel and dividing line between Oregon and Washington between the Astoria-Megler Bridge and the Columbia River Bar is on the Washington side of the breadth of the River; so about 4/5 of the river width in that reach is in Oregon waters. The booby was likely flying in both states as described.
>
> David C. Bailey
> Seaside, Oregon
>
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2020, 09:21 Jeremy Breese <jdmjeremy...> <mailto:<jdmjeremy...>> wrote:
> While out fishing Buoy 10 I saw a brown booby fishing, it came very close to my bait so great views without binos. Cold be scoped from anywhere between Fort Columbia SP and the megler bridge.
>
> Sent from my iPhone*******
> OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol <http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...> <mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!